Alcohol/Drug Education Workshop
Behavioral Health Specialists, Inc. offers a 4 hour Alcohol and Drug Education Workshop monthly (or more frequently if the need arises). These workshops are designed to instruct the participants in a range of issues relevant to understanding alcohol and other drug usage. Topics examined include:
- Motivations for use
- Recognizing signs and symptoms of abuse
- Establishing low-risk drinking guidelines
- Understanding the medical, psychological, legal, safety, and personal risks of use and abuse
- Exploring alternatives to alcohol/drug use
- Identifying community resources available to help when alcohol/drug abuse problems exist
Enrollment is limited and pre-registration is required. All fees must be paid prior to attendance.
Specially designed educational services and training programs for schools, businesses, industry, and community agencies are available for assistance in developing drug awareness programs, employee assistance programming, Drug-Free Workplace Act training, and establishing early identification, intervention, and referral services.
Referrals from District 2 Probation do not require an alcohol/drug assessment to access the Alcohol and Drug Education Workshop.