Outpatient Mental Health Services
Behavioral Health Services
Behavioral Health Specialists, Inc.'s outpatient mental health program addresses a wide array of problems with living, ranging from adjustment to stressful changes in life to more severe behavioral problems which significantly interfere with everyday life activities. Services are offered to children, adolescents and adults.
A variety of psychotherapeutic and pharmacological interventions are available to help promote change. These include individual, family, group, and home-based therapies designed to address identified treatment goals developed for specific disorders. Our experienced professionals provide clients with the tools to address many problems such as:
- Anxieties/Fears - including panic attacks and fear of being in crowds
- Depression - Sadness, low self-esteem, changes in sleep and weight, and irritability
- Major Psychiatric Disorders - Schizophrenia, Manic-Depression
- Coping with Stress - Acute or Chronic
- Emotional Trauma - Sexual assault, crime, physical, emotional, and sexual abuse
- Family and Marital Problems - Including effective parenting skills, behavioral problems of children, parent-child relationship issues and marital conflict.
- Emotional Adjustment to Chronic or Life Threatening Illnesses - Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury, Loss of physical function.
- Other Problems - Tools are provided for other problems such as adjustment to adolescence and changes of aging.
Our psychologists are highly skilled in the administration and interpretation of a variety of psychological assessment batteries including:
- Personality Assessments
- Identification of strengths and weaknesses in an individual's emotional, psychological, and cognitive functioning in order to make treatment recommendations for therapists, agencies and legal services.
Intellectual/Academic Achievement Assessments
- Identification of Attention Deficit Disorder and other learning disabilities, their cognitive effects, and recommendations for compensatory strategies.
Coordination with Substance Abuse and Addiction Services
- A psychological evaluation is generally an important component in our assessment and treatment of those dealing with an addiction disorder. Such addictions include alcohol, drugs and compulsive gambling. Trained certified substance abuse professionals provide the primary assessment and treatment of those individuals who struggle with addiction.