Crisis Response provides 24/7 access to trained mental health and substance abuse providers to assist with ensuring that individuals in crisis are served in the least restrictive, most normative setting possible. The aim of the Crisis Response Team (CRT) is to connect individuals with community-based services and contribute to reduced recidivism rates of re-hospitalization.
The Crisis Response Team works to:
- Respond quickly to provide assistance to local law enforcement officers when working with high risk clients that do not meet the criteria for the emergency protective custody procedure and yet present with crisis needs.
- Provide emergency risk assessments and screenings, as well as service planning for services other than hospitalization.
- Match the person with local services and resources that assist them in reducing the crisis and meeting their individual needs.
- Provide 24 hour/7 day a week emergency access and support when involved with local law enforcement and Crisis Response.
- Help remove unnecessary barriers to accessing the services needed.
Crisis Response Staff
Behavioral Health Specialists, Inc., staff are among the most highly trained mental health and substance abuse professionals in Northeast Nebraska. These include:
- Licensed Psychologists
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors
- Community Support - Mental Health
- Community Support - Substance Abuse